Open today 8:30am to 9:00pm
DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN MAKE 5 MEALS FOR 4 FOR UNDER $75* with ingredients from Aldi Warrawong?
Get a full week's menu and shopping list, here: ALDI'S FINE-ISH DINING RECIPES
Start the week off right now, with the best of the bunch:
BRAISED SPICY CHICKEN & BLACK BEANS with CHARRED CORN
4 x Broad Oak Farms chicken thigh cutlets skin off
400g Remano Italian diced tomatoes
400g El Tora black beans
420g New Season corn kernels
120g The Fresh Salad Co salad mix
1 Chefs’ Cupboard vegetable stock cube
1 brown onion
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp sugar
Red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
1. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan. Brown the chicken on both sides over high heat. Season with salt and pepper and place on a clean plate.
2. Finely chop onion and carrot. Add to frying pan (adding more oil if necessary) and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add paprika and cumin and cook for another minute.
3. Return chicken to the pan and add tomatoes, sugar and stock cube. Bring to the boil, cover with a tight fitting lid and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Check once during cooking and add a little water if necessary. Add black beans to pan and cook for 5 minutes, uncovered, until heated and sauce thickens.
4. Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over high heat. Add the drained corn and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally or until slightly charred. Spoon into a bowl to cool.
5. Drizzle salad leaves with olive oil and red wine vinegar and top with charred corn.
Watch the Tutorial
Disclaimer: *$75 excludes pantry staples and assumes meals for 2 adults and 2 children. Based on prices as at 22/7/20. Prices may vary.
These prices may vary from State/Territory and store to store. Ingredient items could also be sold loose, pre-packed or vary in weight.
Be the first to receive our latest news and offers when you join our E-News mailing list.X
Tell us more about yourself so we can send you the most relevant news and offers.X
Great! Thanks for sending your information. Be sure to check your inbox.